It's D-Day for Irish racing as Horse Racing Ireland chiefs will today decide whether action will continue behind closed doors.
With the British Horseracing Authority cancelling all racing in the UK until May at the earliest, the same could happen in Ireland when the HRI have a board meeting through a conference call this afternoon.
It is not an emergency meeting based on the BHA decision, however, with HRI chief Brian Kavanagh already set to lead a review of the five Irish fixtures which have taken place behind closed doors since last Friday and assess whether such scenarios are feasible going forward.
Kavanagh insists that "the objective is to continue racing if at all possible" and that no decision has yet been made on whether the Irish Grand National (April 13) or the Punchestown Festival (April 28-May 2) will go ahead.
"We'll take stock of everything, we'll review the five fixtures which have already been held behind closed doors and see if it's working. It is a day-by-day operation. The objective is to continue racing if at all possible," said Kavanagh.