Rory Best to captain Lions against the Chiefs on Tuesday
Rory Best will captain a new starting line-up as the Lions look to further build momentum towards the 1st Test following victory over the Maori All Blacks in Rotorua.
News of the captaincy follows hot on the heels of Best being awarded an OBE.
The Lions remarked on Twitter and Facebook that it's been "quite a few days" for the Armagh sportstman.
A new starting line-up was also announced for Tuesday's match against the Chiefs in Waikato.
Head Coach Warren Gatland said: “We are five games into the tour and there is still a lot to play for. Those involved on Tuesday will be playing not only for themselves in terms of further selection but also for the whole squad.
“We are here to win a Test series and we have brought cover for the replacements bench so we can limit the number of players who need to double up, which is tough to do at this level of rugby.
“We know it is going to be another big challenge against the Chiefs who have won the Super Rugby title twice in the last five years.”
The line-up for Tuesday's match, which starts at 7.35pm in New Zealand (8.35am BST) is:
15. Liam Williams – Scarlets, Wales, #833
14. Jack Nowell – Exeter Chiefs, England, #828
13. Jared Payne – Ulster, Ireland, #830
12. Robbie Henshaw – Leinster, Ireland, #824
11. Elliot Daly – Wasps, England, #822
10. Dan Biggar – Ospreys, Wales, #821
9. Greig Laidlaw – Gloucester Rugby, Scotland, #810
1. Joe Marler – Harlequins, England, #811
2. Rory Best (c) – Ulster, Ireland, #793
3. Dan Cole – Leicester Tigers, England, #794
4. Iain Henderson – Ulster, Ireland, #808
5. Courtney Lawes – Northampton Saints, England, #826
6. James Haskell – Wasps, England, #823
7. Justin Tipuric – Ospreys, Wales, #786
8. CJ Stander – Munster, Ireland, #831
16. Kristian Dacey – Cardiff Blues, Wales
17. Allan Dell – Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland
18. Tomas Francis – Exeter Chiefs, Wales
19. Cory Hill – Newport Gwent Dragons, Wales
20. Alun Wyn Jones – Ospreys, Wales, #761
21. Gareth Davies – Scarlets, Wales
22. Finn Russell – Glasgow Warriors, Scotland
23. Tommy Seymour – Glasgow Warriors, Scotland, #813
Belfast Telegraph Digital