Murray makes start on long road towards shot at Wimbledon
Andy Murray has appeared to step up his recovery from a hip operation after sharing a video of him hitting a tennis ball.
The three-time Grand Slam winner had a hip resurfacing operation in January as he attempts to overcome a problem that first surfaced in the summer of 2017. And on Monday night, the 31-year-old shared a short clip on his Instagram story of him hitting forehands and backhands against a wall, with the caption 'It's a start'.
Murray had a first operation in January 2018 and returned to action at Queen's Club last summer but played only six tournaments last season and was in pain throughout.
His last appearance came at the Australian Open, losing to Roberto Bautista Agut in a gruelling five-set match in the first round, but he has said since his surgery that he would love to play at Wimbledon in July.
Meanwhile, Roger Federer says he is "not very confident" going into the clay court season, although his Miami Open success has taken the pressure off.
Federer has skipped clay in recent times, playing just two days on the surface in the last two years.
He has decided to return to the red dirt this season, though, probably starting with the Madrid Masters, but he is worried about how quickly he'll adapt again to the surface.
"I'm not very confident going into this clay court season," admitted Federer. "I didn't even remember how to slide anymore. I'm taking baby steps.
"I didn't play one point - not one shot - on clay last year. Two years ago I played two days. Three years ago I played not feeling great in Monte Carlo and Rome and all that.
"It's been so little that I really don't know what to expect.
"What this win (Miami) does is it takes even more pressure off from the clay-court season.
"I'm very excited. It's a good challenge, a good test."