The Rogers Cup women's tennis tournament will not be played this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tennis Canada announced over the weekend that the event, scheduled for August 7-16 in Montreal, is off the schedule.
Quebec's government announced on Friday that no sporting events could be held through August 31, though it left the door slightly open for pro teams.
Tennis Canada say the women's event will return to Montreal in August 2021.
The women's and men's Rogers Cup traditionally rotate between Toronto and Montreal.
The men's event is still on schedule for Toronto in August 2020. A Tennis Canada spokesperson said planning will continue for the Toronto event until Ontario or the city reach a similar decision as Quebec, or the ATP Tour continue their suspension of play.
Canadian Bianca Andreescu won the women's tournament last year in Toronto.
Montreal tournament director Eugene Lapierre said in a statement: "At the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis we were hoping that the situation would be resolved in time to be able to host our tournament as initially planned, but we knew that the chances were getting smaller and smaller in recent weeks.
"Our priority in the management of this crisis has always been to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our players, fans, volunteers, partners and employees. It is with a heavy heart we received this news, but we understand this was necessary."