Dalriada 2019: Your guide to Northern Ireland's biggest family festival
Peter Andre, Paw Patrol and the best bbq to feature
The Dalriada Festival returns this year bigger and better than ever.
Northern Ireland’s biggest family festival in association with estate agency Purple Bricks, the Tower Centre and Mid and East Antrim Borough council will be held on Saturday, July 13 and Sunday July 14.
Set in the historic grounds of Glenarm Castle, this year’s programme promises not disappoint with live music from well-known UK artists from the 90s to the present day, fine food and drink and a wide range of activities for kids.
With so much to do and see over the two days here’s a guide to the top five must sees, which will ensure you have the best Dalraida Festival experience:
1. Peter Andre will play an exclusive Northern Ireland show at the festival which will also feature Fleur East, Samantha Harvey, Atomic Kitten, D:Ream, East 17, Republica, Phats & Small – to name but a few. There will also be a fantastic mix of local singers and bands.
2. Off the back of their last successful appearance at the festival, Paw Patrol make a return. They will be joined Sam and Mark from CBBC’s Big Friday Wind Up and the nation’s favourite little green Tractor Ted will bring a real life farm courtesy of the Official Tractor Ted team.
3. As always the food on offer will not disappoint. Take in the beautiful aroma of the "Celtic Smoke" International BBQ competition sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society. Also look out for an array of local producers and vendors including the street food market, chef demonstrations, pop-up restaurant and a family dining area.
4. Stay the whole weekend. Why not pack up the family camping kit, caravan or campervan and pitch up at the fantastic festival camp site. For something more luxurious, there is also 5* Glamping available. Wake up in the beautiful surroundings of the Glenarm Estate and step right into the festival atmosphere from morning to evening. Guaranteed fun for everyone.
5. Check out the historic surroundings of Glenarm Estate and Castle. The Dalriada Festival has been held at the historic grounds of Glenarm Estate since 2011. Festival goers will have access to the beautiful Castle, home to the current Lord and Lady Dunluce and their family, for scheduled tours; the wonderful tearooms where all food is created on site and of course the internationally renowned walled garden.
Nigel Campbell, festival director, said: “We are delighted to be back with the Dalriada Festival 2019. Every year we aim to create a festival with families in mind.
"The beautiful Glenarm Estate and castle is a fantastic backdrop for our amazing festival programme. We are very excited to announce our main stage line up featuring current and nostalgic greats including Peter Andre and Fleur East.
"We are also delighted to welcome back Paw Patrol’s Chase and Marshall – a huge hit with kids in 2016 along with the stars of CBBC’s Big Friday Wind Up, Sam and Mark. With an amazing food offering, access across the stunning estate and a top class family camping zone – families are guaranteed to make magical memories with us this summer.”
Kids under 12 go free. for tickets and camping packages go to www.dalriadafestival.co.uk, you can also follow Dalriada Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram #DALFEST19 or download the free App.
Belfast Telegraph Digital