Radio DJ Andy Baird has been suspended from his weekly slot on Cool FM over controversial social media posts about Donald Trump, the US election and recent violence in Washington DC.
The presenter, described as the "superhero of the station" on Cool FM's website, hosts the weekend breakfast show every Sunday morning.
He was suspended from his role yesterday after dozens of controversial tweets emerged in which he appears to support the violence witnessed at the US Capitol building last week, spreads coronavirus conspiracy theories and mocks the 'Clap for Carers' initiative.
Cool FM is owned and run by Bauer Media UK who said in a statement: "Andy Baird is a freelance presenter with a Sunday Show on Cool FM.
"His views and opinions on social media are his own and not representative of Bauer Media. At the present time, Andy will not be presenting his show while we look into this."
In dozens of posts to his Twitter account Mr Baird rails against what he calls the coronavirus "scamdemic" and repeats widely debunked and baseless claims of fraud in the recent US election won by president-elect Joe Biden.
Responding to a tweet from media personality Piers Morgan imploring Donald Trump to help stop the violence in Washington DC last week, Mr Baird said: "Suck it Piers Morgan, fraud bought it… die by the sword!!"
Posting about the coronavirus pandemic he also said: "If you still think this is about a virus you need to wake up," as well as "how many more people have to blow the whistle on this nonsense? #ScamdemicIsOver".
Mr Baird also mocked the return of the Clap For Carers initiative, now called Clap For Heroes, by responding to a talkRADIO tweet on the subject saying: "Clap for me… I have put up with this BS for a year."
Following the storming of the US Capitol building last week by Donald Trump supporters the president was permanently banned by Twitter on Friday.
The tech company cited a risk of "further incitement to violence" after the rioting at the Capitol Building on Wednesday which left five people dead.
"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them - specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter - we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," the company said in a statement about the account which had 88.7million followers.
Earlier on Friday former national security adviser Michael Flynn and attorney Sidney Powell - two Trump loyalists -were also permanently banned by Twitter.
Following his ban the president continued to attempt to use the platform using a number of different accounts including the official presidential account.
Tweets from the @POTUS account, which were deleted within minutes, saw the outgoing president claim he was now in talks to set up his own social media platform following his ban as well as accusing Twitter of limiting free speech.
The official Trump 2020 campaign Twitter account was the next to receive a suspension after it tweeted the president's message amid his increasingly desperate efforts to reach his following.
Digital director for the Trump campaign, Gary Coby, was the next account on the chopping block after he appeared to change his username to Donald J. Trump and offered the account to the president's Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino.