Restaurants and pubs will reopen fully by early summer under the local roadmap out of lockdown.
The phased lifting of coronavirus restrictions, leaked to Sunday Life ahead of publication tomorrow, will see a gradual return to normality by the end of June.
The staggered approach to getting back to normal, which is not tied to specific dates, will begin with what the Executive is billing as "cautious first steps".
This will first see the 11pm curfew on takeaways being removed, followed by cafes that do not serve alcohol offering outdoor table service.
The Executive will then move into a "gradual easing" period, with indoor meals being allowed in alcohol-free premises limited to a maximum of six people from two households. At this stage, pubs offering outdoor table food service will also be allowed to open.
The third-step in the plan, "further easing", will sanction indoor table service in alcohol-free premises to six people from any number of households.
If this does not create a spike in new infections or an increase in the virus reproduction rate, pubs will be given permission to sell booze outdoors.
The final stage, "preparing for the future", will see wet pubs with indoor table service being allowed to open, followed by bar service at a later date.
However, this will come with capacity restrictions which have yet to be agreed by the Executive. Government sources say this curb on numbers will remain for "some time to come".
The last move will be live entertainment venues such as nightclubs being allowed to open.
Although the Executive's easing of restrictions are not time-specific, sources say they will likely mirror those in England. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has given specific dates for the lifting of lockdown, with schools returning on March 8, followed by all shops, restaurants and pub gardens opening on April 12.
By May 17, pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open. International travel may be permitted around the same time, with all restrictions lifted by June 21.
An Executive source said: "The English plan is acting as a rough timetable for what happens in Northern Ireland. We've been careful not commit to dates though because these can change depending on infection rates and the R-number.
"The important thing for us is that this will be the last lockdown, something everyone is confident of because of the vaccine success."
Yesterday a further two people died in Northern Ireland from coronavirus. Another 184 individuals tested positive, according to the latest update from the Department of Health.
As of last night, there were 307 Covid-positive patients in hospital, of whom 36 were in intensive care. The local death toll now stands at 2,052 since the outbreak of the pandemic a year ago.
A total of 112,357 people here have contracted the virus, with more than 500,000 receiving the first dose of the vaccine. The seven-day incidence rate stands at 89.9 people infected per 100,000. This is the lowest since September last year.
Health Minister Robin Swann urged people to stay Covid-secure this weekend. He said: "I would again urge everyone to maintain social distancing from others and stay local if they are heading outdoors."