Northern Ireland sex survey - from truth about virginity to average number of partners
Sunday Life has gone under the covers to conduct Northern Ireland's most comprehensive sex survey - and you might just be shocked by the results.
We've teamed up with RAM UK & Ireland, an independent research company who ensured the anonymity of the answers our readers gave. More than 2,000 of you responded to the survey looking at the ins and outs of the sex lives of people of all ages, sexualities and ages right across Northern Ireland.
In this special supplement we reveal the findings which include some truly amazing facts and figures about each county.
How much sex are we having? Are we satisfied? How experimental are we as a nation? How many people are cheating and why have they strayed? Can love survive in these the days of online dating and pornography?
With advice from sexperts, relationship councillors and health professionals and stories from local celebrities, this supplement has all the answers.
• Highest proportion of people who have only had one sexual partner
• Highest proportion of people who rarely or never orgasm
• Highest proportion of people who aren't faking it
• Most likely to not have had oral sex in the past year
• Most likely to get caught if having an affair
• Place with highest incidence of virginity being lost in a car
• Highest incidence of not having had sex in the past year
• Most likely county to have oral sex more than three times per week
• Most likely to have had an affair
• Most likely to have sex to keep partner happy
• Most likely to say they could take or leave sex
• Place with highest incidence of virginity being lost in a hotel
• Least likely place to have had a one night stand
• Least likely to have had a drunken or drug-induced encounter
• Most affectionate county
• Place with the highest incidence of 20+ sexual partners
• But least likely to have been tested for an STI
• Most likely to have had sex in a car or a public bathroom
• Most lenient view of cheating - less likely to think that texting, calling, emailing, or meeting up constitute an affair
• Most likely to think cheating is okay if you're drunk
• The porn-watching capital of Northern Ireland.
• Most likely to have had a sexual experience outside their normal sexual preference
• Most likely to have slept with someone and then realised they don't know their name
• Most likely to have looked for casual sex on a website or an app
• Most likely to have made and/or sent an explicit video or photographs
• Most likely to have had group sex
• Dress-up capital
• Most likely to use tiredness as an excuse for avoiding sex
• STI capital - most likely to get tested or to have had one
• Most likely to have had 11+ sexual partners
• One night stand capital
• Monogamy capital
• Least likely to excuse an affair
• Most likely to have used a sex toy
• Most likely to have sex because of love/intimacy
• Faking it capital
• Higest proportion having sex at least once a week
• Most likely to have tried Viagra
• Most likely to say primary reason for having sex is to orgasm
•Where most people almost always orgasm
• Most likely to have sex outside
• Masturbation capital of Northern Ireland - 34% masturbating three or more times each week