How can I enter the BetMcLean.com Irish League Fantasy Football?
Decisions, decisions. Who makes your line-up ahead of the big kick-off?
The kits have been unveiled, new signings paraded, boots washed, pitches lined and season tickets sold, meaning there’s only one annual tradition that remains to be upheld — pick your Sunday Life Fantasy Football XI.
We’ve once again teamed up with our pals at BetMcLean.com to deliver the return of our hugely popular competition, offering you the opportunity to land major cash prizes by demonstrating your knowledge of the Danske Bank Premiership.
In addition to dishing out a whopping £2,500 to our overall winner, our runner-up will pocket a welcome £500 and the boss in third place will earn £100 — the same amount we’ll be sending in the direction of the manager whose team accumulates the most points over the course of any given month.
As ever, BetMcLean.com Sunday Life Fantasy Football is completely FREE to enter and it couldn’t be easier to get involved.
Simply select a team that operates in a 4-4-2 formation and make your £3,500 per week wage budget work by keeping an eye out for the few bargains we’ve sneaked into the market.
You’re restricted to just one player per Danske Bank Premiership club but if someone moves to pastures new before the end of this Transfer Window (or during January), we’re generous enough souls to let you keep him.
The same applies to the assistant boss to whom you’ll be entrusting the care of your chosen XI. Simply choose one of the options listed on the accompanying page and you will pick up points every time they do!
But be warned, you cannot pick a boss from a club already represented in your playing squad — meaning that if you opt for Linfield gaffer David Healy (likely to be a high scorer if recent history is anything to go by), then you’ll have to make do without the likes of popular picks Roy Carroll, Paul Smyth and Andy Waterworth.
In addition, should your right-hand man leave his post during the season, you’ll have to hope he lands another Premiership job pretty sharpish or your points tally will suffer.
Entries will be accepted via email only (slfantasy firstname.lastname@example.org) and must be received by the time the first Premiership fixture of the season kicks off at 7.45pm on Friday!
- Selection must consist of one goalkeeper, four defenders, four midfielders, two strikers (4-4-2 formation) and an assistant manager
- No more than one representative per Danske Bank Premiership club
- Wage bill cannot exceed £3,500
- One entry per person
- Entries received after 7.45pm on Friday, August 11 will not be considered
How do I enter?
Your application (by email to email@example.com only) must be received by 7.45pm this Friday and should include...
- Team name
- 11 players
- 1 assistant manager
- Total wage bill
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact phone number
- Irish League club you support
- Start: 2 points Sub: 1 point
- Goalkeeper: 10 Defender: 5 Midfielder: 4 Attacker: 3 Hat-trick: 10 Own goal: -3
- Goalkeeper: -2 Defender: -1
- Goalkeeper: 5 Defender: 3
- Player misses penalty: -3 Goalkeeper saves penalty: 3
- Wins match: 3 Draw: 1
- Red card: -5
- If your team’s letting you down in the race for our £2,500 prize, don’t despair because January will provide you with the opportunity to ship out the deadwood and add some fresh legs to your challenge for the second half of the campaign.
- Winner: Prove you’re the best in the business by coming out on top in our hugely popular competition and you’ll land yourself a very tidy £2,500!
- Runner-up: So near yet so far, but hopefully a £500 cheque will help ease your disappointment at missing out on top spot.
- Third place: Earn yourself £100 for a highly respectable bronze medal position.
- Manager of the Month: We’ll also be rewarding those bosses whose teams show unbeatable bursts of form with £100 bonuses.
Terms and Conditions
- BetMcLean.com’s Sunday Life Fantasy Football is open to entrants of all ages and all applications must adhere fully to the guidelines expressed in both the ‘Rulebook’ and ‘Your Entry’ panels above.
- Sunday Life reserves the right to reject teams whose names are deemed inappropriate or offensive or whose submissions are illegible.
- With entries limited to one per person, duplicate applications from a single email account (or where two submissions bear identical contact details) will result in the expulsion of all associated teams.
- In any circumstances where more than one entry is tied on a potentially prize-winning score, classification will be determined by whichever team boasts the lowest wage total.
- None of the wages listed are representative of players’ real-life earnings, nor do they reflect the individuals’ comparative ability, and have been assigned in accordance with our judging panel’s intentions to ensure a competitive Fantasy Market.
- Said panel’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- Standard Independent News and Media competition rules apply.
Belfast Telegraph Digital