A tumultuous period in the history of the Irish League shows no signs of abating.
After a week of proposals, rejections and protestations, a decision on how to end the 2019/2020 season is still a minimum of four days away.
But Sunday Life Sport can reveal that the Irish FA have no plans to extend the current League campaign into the autumn months, while Northern Ireland football's governing body remains determined to play the Irish Cup, which has reached the semi-final stage, during the last week of July, with the decider provisionally booked for Monday, August 3.
Despite pressure from a host of senior clubs, the IFA would still be reluctant to approach UEFA and ask for European money to be shared.
Only the Irish FA Board can put forward a recommendation to UEFA for this to happen.
Last week, Sunday Life Sport exclusively revealed how the Northern Ireland Football League Steering Committee had proposed a two-game finish to the League campaign at the end of next month, with the Irish Cup also played to a finish. This was backed by the Irish FA.
But following a volatile meeting on Tuesday night, the proposal didn't even reach a Thursday evening vote and was flatly rejected alongside a mathematical formula to conclude the season.
It appeared there were just three clubs in favour of the two-game proposal - Linfield, Coleraine and Cliftonville - but then that was quickly reduced to two when the Reds retreated to consider further options.
Rebel clubs - believed to have been vociferously led by Crusaders, Larne and Glentoran, with letters of indignation sent to government on Wednesday evening in protest at the NIFL and IFA treatment - wanted more dialogue and time to consider every possibility to finish the season, while Linfield and Coleraine appeared ostracised.
The clubs largely dismissed Friday's UEFA deadline, when the European governing body wanted to know how each League around Europe would conclude.
On Friday night, the NIFL issued a statement where they agreed to grant more time.
It now appears clubs are discussing the possibility of finishing the League campaign in the autumn - after UEFA's August 3 deadline - with spectators in stadiums and European prize money split.
Problems have, however, arisen over how the Irish League's European representatives are selected, with a suggestion they revert back to when each side had played other twice, but that once again caused consternation.
Following a UEFA Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday, representatives from all 12 Premiership clubs will on Thursday meet via teleconference for further discussions on how to end the impasse, by which time they believe UEFA will have provided more clarity to the situation.
Sunday Life Sport has, however, been told that UEFA will simply outline August 3 as the deadline for European club nominations and that the Champions League and Europa League qualifiers could start as early as the week of August 17. Previously, it was understood that Euro football chiefs would wait until after the Champions League Final on August 29, but a UEFA source told Sunday Life Sport: "Europe is opening up again."
The NIFL Board is set to convene immediately after the 12-club meeting on Thursday and a final resolution will be agreed.
But waiting in the wings are the Irish FA and their 15-person Football Committee, who will need to sanction any extension to the current season.
Having already extended the campaign until July 31, it will be pushed back a few days to accommodate the Irish Cup Final on August 3, provided government and health agencies give football the all-clear to resume in July.
The Irish FA have, in addition, agreed to pay for one round of Covid-19 testing.
August 3 is also the deadline UEFA have put down for European club nominations and the Irish FA are still adamant this will end the season.
The IFA are also keen to open the transfer window - only permitted when the season ends - to allow clubs participating in Europe to sign players, while those who have agreed pre-contract deals, such as Coleraine goalkeeper Chris Johns with Linfield, can join their new clubs.
It would also give a green light for the Championship and Premier Intermediate League to start their respective campaigns, which would otherwise have to be delayed until the Premiership is over.
The Northern Ireland Executive have granted permission for elite athletes to resume training, which means players in the Premiership can resume sessions at their clubs again.
However, matches are still forbidden under the government's five-phase plan.
There is hope, though, that come the middle of next month, these restrictions will be lifted.
The majority of clubs, having completely rejected a two-game finish to the League campaign, are obviously reluctant to play at the end of July, citing major health and safety issues surrounding the ongoing pandemic, a lack of sporting integrity, player availability and the financial impact of playing without fans.
But if Coleraine, Ballymena United, Glentoran or Cliftonville are to claim the Irish Cup, they may be forced into action during the last week of next month.
The Irish FA have pencilled July 30 in for the Coleraine-Ballymena United and Glentoran-Cliftonville semi-finals, with the behind-closed-doors venue yet to be decided.
If government provides permission for competitive football to go ahead and clubs refuse, Sunday Life Sport understands they will be omitted from the competition and could face further punishment in terms of representation in next year's Irish Cup.
Cue yet more fireworks...