Below are the full terms and conditions for the Sunday Life Fantasy Football Competition for the 2022/23 Irish League season.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and consent to your personal data being managed in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
These terms were most recently updated on August 4, 2022.
1. The promoters are Mediahuis Ireland, 33 Clarendon Road, Belfast, BT1 3BG. Mediahuis Ireland will provide the prize to the winner.
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry email will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Mediahuis Ireland reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Mediahuis Ireland reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
3. The closing date is Friday, 12 August 2022 at 7.45pm.
4. Promotion is open to residents of Northern Ireland who are over 18 years of age. Mediahuis Ireland reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner.
5. Employees and agents of Mediahuis Ireland or any company connected with the promotion or any of Mediahuis Ireland’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
6. Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
7. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
8. The competition winning entry will be selected by an independent judge, who manages the competition for Mediahuis Ireland. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner(s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post. Your data is processed by the independent judge for the sole purpose of managing the competition.
9. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
10. Failure to claim a prize within 7 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by Mediahuis Ireland without any liability to the winner.
11. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
12. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the end of the competition by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Mediahuis Ireland, 33 Clarendon Road, Belfast, BT1 3BG up to one month after the closing date.
13. Mediahuis Ireland will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 14 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
14. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
15. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
16. The determination and decision of Mediahuis Ireland on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. Mediahuis Ireland reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the paper, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond Mediahuis Ireland’s reasonable control.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold. All prizes, including holiday dates, are subject to availability. If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of Mediahuis Ireland’s control, Mediahuis Ireland will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
18. Mediahuis Ireland accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
19. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
20. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published in Sunday Life newspaper, the Belfast Telegraph website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
21. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of Mediahuis Ireland.
22. Mediahuis Ireland reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
23. Personal data collected from this competition will be held securely for 28 days after the end of the 2022/23 football season in order to pick a winner. Mediahuis Ireland will delete this data when winners have been chosen and notified.
24. Mediahuis Ireland will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of Mediahuis Ireland or its employees, Mediahuis Ireland will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
25. Mediahuis Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.