Love is all around at Belfast Telegraph Holiday World
When romance is in the air, so is travel. Loved up couples just love to clock up the air miles, whether it’s a cheeky weekend away or a dream honeymoon.
Discover just how far cupid’s arrow can travel when you visit the Honeymoon & Wedding Destinations Pavilion hosted by Clubworld Travel at Belfast Telegraph Holiday World. The romantic Clubworld team have ideas, tips and insight to keep us all starry-eyed...
1. Looking for a romantic retreat? Think outside the box and go for something unpredictable. Harry and Meghan found their latest idyllic getaway in a stunning waterfront property tucked away amidst the forests of Vancouver Island. Where will you find your hideaway?
2. Some cities just resonate romance. Perhaps you’ll love Paris in the springtime, find yourselves sleepless in Seattle, or enjoying a Roman holiday. Citybreaks offer instant escapes at any time of the year, without breaking the bank or eating too far into your annual leave. Perfect for getting to know one another in a memorable setting.
3. Couples holidays are as varied as the people who take them, but everyone is looking for memorable moments in which to connect with their partner. Top tip is to avoid anywhere you have enjoyed before, particularly if you travelled here with a previous partner. Opt instead for fresh horizons which you can explore together, creating new memories in destinations which will always be special to you.
4. Don’t be shy about searching out that romantic destination. Talk to your travel agent and tap into their expertise – staff will know which hotels are full of noisy kids and which are couple-friendly!
5. Dreaming of tying the knot abroad? Fancy a beach wedding, a ceremony set in a stunning medieval castle … or an al fresco marriage in a pretty vineyard? All things are possible. To make sure your perfect day is, well, perfect, put your arrangements in the hands of your travel agency experts.
They will liaise with you on every detail and advise on everything from legal requirements for your marriage to table decor! They have the expertise that’s needed to deliver perfection and they’ll do the hard work so that all you have to do is turn up and say "I do".
6. If you’re planning to marry abroad, do give friends and family as much notice as possible so that they can make arrangements to be alongside you for the Big Day. Talk to your travel agent about creating a good value ‘package’ for the wedding party, enabling them to enjoy your special day then relax into their own holiday style.
7. You’ll certainly want the very best and most exciting destination for your honeymoon or your wedding abroad … and no doubt you’ll save hard to make your dream a reality. Remember that your wedding guests can contribute to your happiness with a cash gift to boost your travel fund. Nicer than a toaster, eh?
8. Say goodbye to the single life with fun-filled hen and stag weekends. Close to home or in a holiday hot spot, calm or crazy - the style is up to you and your mates, but make it memorable! The Clubworld Travel team have some super value escapes to suit every style and budget.
9. A honeymoon should be one of life’s highlights, so let your imagination take flight and start the great adventure of married life with a great travel adventure. Think beyond the obvious and do something amazing.
10. Keep romance alive by making still more great memories – what about celebrating your first anniversary with a trip to the spot where the proposal was made and the ring produced?
Belfast Telegraph Holiday World takes place at TEC Belfast from 1pm-6pm on Friday, January 17 and 11am – 5.30pm on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19.
Admission is £5 for adults; £4 for senior citizens and students. A special family ticket gives admission for two adults and up to four children for £10, or check your Belfast Telegraph for extra-special offers.
Find out more at www.holidayworldshow.com or follow the event on Facebook
Belfast Telegraph Digital