X Factor hunk Jake Quickenden opens Belfast Telegraph Holiday World Show - and says he might move to Belfast
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here star Jake Quickenden was in Belfast today to officially open the Belfast Telegraph Holiday World Show.
But he is considering living here - rather than just coming on holiday.
Jake, the former X Factor contestant, who finished second in the latest Australian jungle competition, said: "I love Belfast. It feels like I'm here all the time actually - more so than my home in Scunthorpe.
"I think eventually I might even get a place here and move to Belfast. I'm here enough, people are nice enough.
"If you adopt me I'll quite happily come and live here."
Jake doesn't mind where he goes on holiday - as long as he has a good time with family or friends.
"I'm really into skiing at the minute and myself and a few friends are heading to Sweden for the first time later this month.
"I hear there are plenty of blonde girls there!"
January is traditionally the time for travel companies to unwrap their latest dream destinations and vacation value packages.
The Belfast Telegraph Holiday World Show is bringing a dash of globe-trotting excitement to the city over this weekend, showcasing amazing getaways from close to home and from the four corners of the world as well as providing show-goers with a dazzling array of travel-themed entertainment, competitions, activities and special offers.
The Caravan & Motorhome Show will feature the latest models, from modest tourers right up to state of the art luxury, with a chance for show-visitors to step on board to check out the detail, while the Oasis Travel Cruise Pavilion and the Clubworld Honeymoon & Wedding Destinations will help your holiday dreams to come true.
With new exhibitors including The Belfast International Airport and tourism bodies for destinations diverse as China, Oklahoma, Kansas, Canada, North Cyprus, Andalucia and Antalya joining ‘old friends’ such as New York, United Airlines, Malta, Cyprus, Tunisia and India (doubling its stand size for this year’s show), there’s a mighty mix at Holiday World.
This year’s Holiday World show will pack an extra punch for the over fifties with its new 50+Village – a select group of exhibitors with a particular focus on the needs and interests of an age group which has been gaining in importance and market share in recent years, as Maureen Ledwith explains.
The event runs in the King’s Hall Pavilions, until 9pm today (Friday) and from 11am to 5.30pm on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 January 2015.
Tickets are £5 for adults; £4 for seniors and £3 for students, and £10 for a family ticket (2 adults and up to 4 children).
Take a trip to Holiday World
- Jake is the star guest at the launch of this year’s Belfast Telegraph Holiday World, which runs from Friday to Sunday at the King’s Hall Pavilions, Belfast.
- The exhibition will give holidaymakers a sneak peak into what’s up and coming for the 2015 travel scene. It will bring a dash of globe-trotting excitement to the city, showcasing amazing getaways from close to home and from around the world as well as providing show-goers with an array of travel-themed entertainment, competitions, activities and special offers
- The Caravan & Motorhome Show will feature the latest models, from modest tourers right up to high-end luxury, with a chance for show-visitors to step on board to check out the detail. Oasis Travel Cruise Pavilion and the Clubworld Honeymoon & Wedding Destinations will also help your holiday dreams to come true
- Big names taking part include the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Titan Travel, Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Emerald Waterways, P&O Cruises, and Cunard Cruise Line, while major travel sector partners at the Clubworld Pavilion will include Classic Collection Holidays, Eurocamp Travel, Gold Medal Travel, Jet2 Holidays, Topflight Holidays, Travel2 and Turkish Airlines
- With new exhibitors — including Belfast International Airport and tourism bodies for destinations as diverse as China, Oklahoma, Kansas, North Cyprus, Andalucia and Antalya, joining old favourites such as New York, United Airlines, Malta, Cyprus, Tunisia and India — there’s plenty for everyone
- Tickets are £5 for adults, £4 for seniors and £3 for students, and £10 for a family ticket (two adults and accompanied children). To find out more about the show and its exhibitors, visit www.holidayworldshow.com
Belfast Telegraph Digital