| 17.8°C Belfast

Family of teen who died of allergic reaction to Byron meal demand law change


The family of a teenager who died after eating a birthday meal at a branch of the Byron burger chain have demanded a change in the law on allergen labelling in restaurants after a coroner said he was misled into thinking the meal was safe for him to eat. Owen Carey, who told staff he was allergic to dairy, suffered a fatal reaction after eating grilled chicken coated in buttermilk at a restaurant at the O2 Arena in Greenwich in April 2017.

Most Watched Videos