The parents of a nine-year-old boy were maintaining a vigil at his hospital bedside last night after he came in contact with hazardous material believed to have been dumped at a Belfast bonfire site.
Cameron Dickson's dad Harry said he was lucky to be alive.
He said his condition is stable over the past 24 hours, but he was not yet out of danger.
The family have called on whoever was responsible for dumping the chemicals to come forward and apologise.
Harry said, "To put the record straight this is not and never was about a bonfire, there were no fires, no flames, no fumes. This is about the naivety of the stupidity of someone dumping chemical waste on a waste ground where kids play, in the full knowledge that kids play there."
Police are investigating and said they were concerned that a number of other young people in the area may also have come into contact with this substance.