Recipe: Bangers & mash
A healthy, tasty twist on an old favourite
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Syns per serving: 3.53.512.5
681g/1lb 8oz swede
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 red onions
12 Tesco Healthy Living Low Fat Pork Sausages
568ml/1pt chicken stock made with Bovril
2 level tsp cornflour
2 level tsp Dijon mustard
Chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Roughly chop the swede, place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain, season to taste and mash.
2. Meanwhile, slice the leeks, add to a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Peel, core and chop the apples, fry in Fry Light until soft. Fold in the leek and apple, set aside and keep warm.
3. Heat a pan sprayed with Fry Light. Slice the onions and fry for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sausages to the pan, fry for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
4. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Blend the cornflour with 4 tsp water, add to the pan with the mustard and stir until thickened. Add the sausages and onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. To serve, divide the mash between 4 plates, add the sausages and onion gravy and sprinkle with coriander.
Tip: Try celeriac instead of swede for a tasty alternative